16 July 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY (July 16, 2010):

Outside my window...It's the perfect sunny day with fluffy cottonball clouds.

I am thinking...life is short: Play with your kids.

I am thankful for...my mom. She's been there, but she doesn't shove her advice in my face. She nicely offers it and supports me when I make my own decisions.

From the learning rooms...we have six little baggies full of seeds hanging in our dining room window. The curly-headed girl predicts that they will be mixed up and not know where to send their roots because there aren't any worms under them. We intend to make stepping stones soon, if we don't get the storms that are predicted. Even I draw the line at mixing cement in my kitchen sink. The curly-headed girl also would like to make her own Science Museum - by her very own self. And her friends are "allowed" to share their projects too.

From the kitchen...(actually, out on the driveway) I've been grilling up a storm. I've learned several important things. First, do not add charcoal with lighter fluid to the grill when you think the fire is not hot enough. Secondly, it takes more than eleven briquettes to make a fire hot enough to grill hamburgers and less than a 10 pound bag to avoid turning them into hockey pucks. Lastly, timing is everything...and it is wise to have a hose handy.

I am wearing...comfy clothes. Anything else is just unnecessary.

I am creating...next year's lesson plans. Yes, I'm a curriculum nerd.

I am going...to get caught up on all the little things that need attention around here. Maybe. It's really nice outside...

I am reading...occasionally. Did I mention the weather?

I am hoping...to go camping more than once this summer.

I am hearing...contented humming noises coming from the curly-headed girl's room.

Around the house...the tree is almost finished in the straight-haired girl's room.

One of my favorite things...is a quiet house with everyone "all snug in their beds."

A few plans for the rest of the week: eat more good chocolate.

Here is picture I am sharing...


She will be eight next week. I am still reeling...how in the world did that happen??


I'm taking part in The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails