04 September 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY (September 4, 2010):

Outside my window...fall has crept in around the edges, but the lake is still crystal clear and pleasant from the shore. The air smells of bonfires.

I am thinking...It's hard to give up summer. Fall is so short up here.

I am thankful for...the knowledge that I cannot do life alone - and I do not have to.

From the learning rooms...we've been playing with words and their sounds.

From the kitchen...Grandma's Crumbly Apple Pie. Yum!! The straight-haired girl discovered pie crust cinnamon "rolls" from the leftover crumbs and scraps of crust.

I am wearing...a long-sleeved shirt. "I survived a harp concert" (from an Amy Shreve concert).

I am creating...little bunting babies for a niece for Christmas. Shhh, don't tell!

I am going...to get an early start on Christmas so I am not rushing around at the last minute making presents instead of enjoying the season.

I am reading...A Plain Life by Scott Savage. I wholeheartedly recommend this book - still.

I am hoping...to make a Lucy costume for Halloween, complete with dagger and bottle of cordial.

I am hearing...the sounds of Prince Caspian. The straight-haired girl is in love with Narnia.

Around the house...it's quiet and peaceful.

One of my favorite things...is a fresh tomato picked from our garden.

A few plans for the rest of the week: lunch with friends at the lake. Grilling out, making s'mores and enjoying the sunshine.

Here is picture I am sharing...


I'm taking part in The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails