24 October 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY (October 24, 2010):

Outside my window...it's breezy and cool and getting dark way too early.

I am thinking...it's time to winterize the house. Snow is coming soon. I can feel it. And it is the end of October, after all.

I am thankful for...my husband. He takes care of us and often goes over and above the call of duty.

From the learning rooms...we learned to hook rugs at the not-quite-local library. The straight-haired girl is considering a career in that area, I'm sure. She absolutely loved it and cannot wait to do it again next week. Our local library acquired a light table, and our favorite librarian let us play around with sand. We were "hooked" on that as well.

From the kitchen...chicken pot pie. Perhaps the most comforting of all comfort foods. I need to think on it some more before I can say that definitely.

I am wearing...shoes these days. Alas, it is too cool for flip-flops. Even I have to draw the line somewhere.

I am creating...all sorts of things with wool.

I am going...to attempt to be a little more deliberate in my choices.

I am reading...(actually, attempting to read would be more accurate) too many books at once. I was very much looking forward to the newest Amelia Peabody, but I must say it was a bit of a disappointment. The rest of the books shall have to wait. Oh, for the days when I had time to read the dictionary!

I am hoping...for a good week.

I am hearing...the curly-headed girl sing lullabies to her baby Rachel. She will be a very good mama some day. She's getting in all kinds of practice now.

Around the house...things are a bit of a shambles; but the new curtains are finally up! They took me three years of work (not continuous work, mind you), and I am very happy to be able to report that I love them.

One of my favorite things...is a good long Sunday afternoon nap. Wait right here a minute...

z
z
z

A few plans for the rest of the week: home school potluck on Monday, the usual meetings and appointments all week and a harvest party on Saturday. Maybe another nap.

Here is picture I am sharing...



I'm taking part in The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails