12 November 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY (November 12, 2010):

Outside my window...gray and dreary, typical November day. Spitting snow.

I am thinking...I should figure out Christmas presents. It's coming fast!

I am thankful for...a warm, cozy house.

From the learning rooms...ancient Greece, complete with mathematics: Euclid's number theory, the Pythagorean Theorum, the Sieve of Eratosthenes and Platonic bodies; all on very basic level. Math was the straight-haired girl's favorite subject this week. We attempted to make amphorae and read Homer's Iliad.

From the kitchen...apple crisp with golden raisins and dark brown sugar. The dark brown sugar makes the sauce caramel-like. I recommend Rome apples, too. It's a terrible recipe if you are trying to avoid sugar and the like. Fall got the best of me.

I am wearing...warm clothing. I find myself daydreaming of mukluks and parkas, sadly enough.

I am creating...leg warmers. Don't laugh. They are for the straight-haired girl who loves all things 80's.

I am going...to Movie Night. Friends of ours invite all and sundry to carry in dinner and watch a movie once a month. This month, the movie is Taking Chance, in honor of Veteran's/Remembrance Day. I'm taking a box of tissues.

I am reading...Carefree Clothes for Girls, Black Ships Before Troy, Rabbit Hill, and Downpour, among others.

I am hoping...I can figure out how to rewire the light fixtures in the girls' rooms. I got some wonderful (pretend you hear entrancing music) vintage light fixtures from a friend whose house was built the year before ours. They are perfect for our humble abode and so much nicer than the cheap plastic "upgrades" that were put in.

I am hearing...the straight-haired girl humming happily to herself. She is in her room making things and talking to her Fishy. She was the proud winner of a goldfish after ten attempts to toss the ring around the bottle at the fall fling.

Around the house...we have a new Playmobil puppet theater and a box full of squishy packing peanuts. Which one will hold their attention longest? (I'll issue the official report later, just in case you were wondering.) I'm betting the curly-headed girl will play with the theater until she's 75. She saved her money for it for a year. Pretty impressive, if you ask me.

One of my favorite things...is a clean bathroom.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Here is picture I am sharing...



I'm taking part in The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails