15 February 2011

Homemade Lunchables

I don't like store bought lunchables. In spite of their great appeal to the girls, they tend to be high in sodium and nitrates and yucky sugar treats. All that packaging seems wasteful, and the price tag is way too high for the amount of good nutrition inside.

I like the idea of lunchables though. Not to mention the highly portable nature of the "lunch in a box" concept. So, I decided to make my own...after a quick trip to our local "piggly wiggly" we were set. Open compartmentalized disposable boxes; insert crackers, block cheese, and grapes. Lunch. Done. It's our most requested menu item.

In my mind's eye, I'm seeing boxes like this.
 Or this.
 I'm seeing cutesy shapes from cheese with cookie cutters; something more along the lines of this. Except it's fake wooden food...

Reality check, Mama. The Straight-haired girl is way beyond the restaurant playing stage. And the Curly-headed girl would need to make real sushi and get grossed out at the contents. Never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails