05 November 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY (November 5, 2011):

Outside my window...it's sunny and warm (for here). It may top 50 degrees today!
I am thinking...how nice it would be to get together with friends and draw and paint and do all things arty for a day or two.

I am thankful for...time to breathe and think and exist apart from the whirling madness of everyday life.
From the learning rooms...the Renaissance. All things art! Wahoo. Could it be possible to teach a segment of history using only art projects? We shall see.
From the kitchen...comfort food. And lots of hot chocolate.

I am wearing...jeans and a sweater. Nothing new there.

I am creating...Christmas presents. Short on money means long on time. Better get started now. I like handmade gifts better anyway. So do the girls. We like trying to make "the perfect gift(s)" for the people we love.

I am going...to enjoy today for what it is, not wish for what it isn't.

I am reading...things I didn't get around when they were the buzz: Under the Tuscan Sun, #1 Ladies' Detective Agency (and sequels), Crazy Love, and various non-fiction gems such as The Party Dress Book. That's serious eye-candy, that one.

I am hoping...to continue this sudden, random bubble of optimism.

I am hearing...typical library sounds. We don't have internet at home any more. I am mostly o.k. with this because I realize how much time I have regained to use for more productive things, but I sure do miss the convenience!

Around the house...the DVD player is kaput. Now we have no excuse to avoid doing more important things, like playing games together and eating popcorn until it comes out of our ears.
One of my favorite things...the sounds of happy children playing in the yard together.

A few plans for the rest of the week: smoothies with the Curly-headed girl and a trip to the library.

Here is picture I am sharing...



I'm taking part in The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. Beth, I was happy to see a recent post from you. I don't know if I could go without internet at home. I really find it useful for school in various ways.
    I am off to make some hot chocolate and work on our own homemade christmas gifts thanks to you! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails