30 May 2020

Simple Woman's Daybook


May 30, 2020
Outside my window...it is snowing crabapple petals. Much more welcome than the usual variety. 

I am thankful... for my family. We look quite a bit different than we did when I was regularly visiting this blog, but it is still very good to be part of this group.  

In the kitchen... I haven't been up to much lately. We've been scooping ice cream and plopping it on top of brownies for the last three nights running. We have a Senior to celebrate in the midst of all this chaos called COVID-19 and we've chosen to spread out the party outside in the front yard and offer drive through dessert as an option.

I am wearing... flip flops. At long, last!

I am creating... a new and improved garden. We are replacing the boards on the raised garden and it is a job and a half. I'm digging and sifting dirt and generally getting very grubby. So fun!

I am wondering... a lot of things just now. Let's just leave it at that.

I am reading... Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. It's a perennial favorite. I am preparing to watch the 2019 version with the girls and I wanted to read the book again before I do that.

I am hoping... to get this garden reworked in time for it to grow and prosper. I'm ready for fresh veggies and flowers.

I am looking forward to... summer. We had a taste of it last week, and now the plants I put in the garden this morning will need to be shielded from potential frost for the next couple of days.

I am learning... how to garden with the square foot method. I think I will like this! Hopefully, less weeding.

Around the house... I'm trying to propagate houseplants for gifts for the future. I can find fairly nice pots and give them as housewarming gifts. It's crazy what houseplants are going for at the flower shop!

I am pondering... how to thrive not only where, but when I find myself. These are new waters for many of us and for my part, I want to navigate them well.

A favorite quote for today... Bloom where you're planted.

One of my favorite things... is hanging out laundry on a sunny warm morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week: finish the garden. Get the consarned wretched (only because it's in the wrong place and taking over the garden) hydrangea. It's the spreading variety. I'm not a fan. 

A photo I am sharing: This happened this spring. The curly-headed girl graduated from our local junior college with her Associate's Degree and we are finally done homeschooling. We survived! I'm so proud of her.


I am taking part in The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails