13 April 2009

Signs of Spring

Outside my window flowers are peeking tentatively through the dirt! It’s been a very long, very hard winter, and I am thinking it’s high time I went outside to play with the girls. They have been stomping around in pink and white “polka-spotted” boots for days. Everything is wet and mucky because of the melting snow piles. (I need to buy stock in some laundry detergent company!) Today the straight haired girl was soaring on her bike through ankle deep water, flying a kite behind her as she went. I am so thankful for sunshine and warmth – I’ve even worn my flip flops outside for the first time today. Spring must truly be here.

While they have been outside playing with mud, I’ve been playing with clay. (I feel like a drowning woman who has finally found the lifeboat after swimming around in circles for ten years.) Our family loves dirt in all its forms – except when it strays onto the floor of the kitchen. The curly headed girl in particular is fascinated with clay. She spends long periods of time carving intricate designs into slabs of clay.

I am reading A Community of Atonement by Scot McKnight. I just started it and the first chapter knocked me over the head. It’s going to take me a while to finish this one, but it will be well worth the read. After all my blathering about community the other day, maybe I’ll learn something new.

This photo is here just because I wanted some flowers on this page. Plus it's pretty cute, even if I am a bit biased. Nothing to do with the content otherwise...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails