22 January 2010

Pink Anyone?

When I was younger, I didn't really care all that much for pink. Then my mom made me a pink quilt (not this one), so being the decor minded individual that I am, I begged my mom to let me paint my room to go along with it. Then I just about gagged on all the pink. Overload!

Until one summer day, my husband and I found out that we were having a little girl. Suddenly, pink was en vogue again. I loved little pink crocheted booties, pink bibs, tiny dresses of pink calico and everything else pink.

Don't tell, but I've kind of liked it ever since. In fact, I like it so much that I can't let go of this little baby quilt that was my husband's. Back in the day (before sonograms) his mom got this very pink baby quilt and then promptly had two boys. It wasn't used much until the granddaughters came along. But as you can see, it's had a very hard life lately. Now I've decided to fix it. I have loads of leftover pink fabric and I'm going to put it to good use! One can never have too many quilts up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails