07 May 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY:
Outside my window...it might be snowing. I don't really want to look. I'm afraid of what I might see.

I am thinking...about the ways I spend my time and how that should change.

I am thankful for...my husband.

From the learning rooms...we're mummifying potato headed oranges. They are looking quite crusty in their "natron." Hopefully, they'll be sufficiently dry by the rapidly approaching end of the school year.

From the kitchen...our Peanut Butter Chip cookies were a smashing success. Thanks, Mare! That's a killer recipe.

I am wearing...my pink scrappy quilt, made for me by Mom when I was in high school. It's the ultimate warm hug.

I am creating...a replacement "Baer" for the straight-haired girl. Baer the Great is very threadbare (pun totally intended). She wants to put him in her childhood and sleep with One Baer henceforth. Oh, they grow up too quickly!

I am going...to bed. And soon!

I am reading...Pics and Kicks.

I am hoping...you will be blessed by her story.

I am hearing...peace and quiet.

Around the house...our little sprouts are coming along. I can't wait until the weather is sufficiently warm to plant them. I have a lot to do out there!

One of my favorite things...is the Raindrop Melody Maker. The straight-haired girl absolutely loves it, too.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Stay on top of the laundry and cleaning and start the next week without feeling overwhelmed. Lofty; but I think I might just be able to do it. Wouldn't that be a nice Mother's Day present?

Here is picture I am sharing...of the straight-haired girl at her very first swim meet. Two second place ribbons + one determined swimmer = one proud mama. And no, math is not my best subject.


I'm taking part in The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails