21 May 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY (May 21, 2010):
Outside my window...it is twelve stories to the ground.

I am thinking...how big this world is and what a small corner of it I inhabit.

I am thankful for...God's provision.

From the learning rooms...we have been watching all things feathered; identifying, categorizing, sketching and listening.

From the kitchen...it's pretty much Taco Bell this week...and cherry M&M's. Although we did find a fun little cafe with great chicken Caesar salad for a touch of variety. The curly-headed girl liked the chili.

I am wearing...sore feet. (I should have brought sensible walking shoes. Ouch!)

I am creating...balance for the rest of us. It's good to stay busy, but not too busy.

I am going...to find a way around all that mad, mad, road construction. Craziness! I'd rather drive 20 miles out of the way and save no time at all, than spend that same amount of time inching forward in stop and go traffic (inhaling the exhaust) for what seems like hours on end.

I am reading...The Penderwicks, Igraine the Brave, my Bible, The Day the Falls Stood Still, and Family Math.

I am hoping...for resolutions.

I am hearing...low murmuring voices in different languages.

Around the house...it's dark and quiet. I hope.

One of my favorite things...is the Barnes and Noble store we discovered. It has its own distinct personality, reminiscent of the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, GA; deep blue sky with twinkling lights, a castle and wall-to-wall books. Bliss.

A few plans for the rest of the week: to go home and remember how to breathe deeply. 

Here is picture I am sharing...of the view we have appreciated (both from up here and down there) for the last two days. We like to follow the "river" to its source.


I'm taking part in The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails