14 May 2010

Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I collect recipes. Not always because I need another recipe for cookies - although, come to think of it, I really can't think of a reason why that isn't a good idea...

I collect them because they trigger memories. My Camp Illiana Cinnamon Roll recipe: great flour fights. The Pizza Dip: Christmas Eve at my sister's house. The Adams Family Stuffing: Thanksgiving with friends. Peanut Butter Chip Cookies: my friend Mary.

So, in honor of her:

2 c. flour
3/4 c. cocoa
1/2 t. salt
1 t. soda
1 1/4 c. butter (softened, not melted)
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
1 2/3 c. peanut butter chips
1 c. dark chocolate chips

Mix the dry ingredients. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients, mixing well. Add peanut butter and chocolate chips. Roll into balls and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool slightly and devour before the guys come in looking for a snack.

Grocery list here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails