17 September 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY (September 17, 2010):

Outside my window...the leaves are changing. Fall is truly here. Crisp days, cool nights and frost.

I am thinking...about priorities. The original Greek word was always singular, never plural. This implied that at most we could only have one priority. What is on top of my list, and what does that say about me?

I am thankful for...Love that will not let me go.

From the learning rooms...we unearthed our mummified oranges. Eeeeeeeeeeeew!

From the kitchen...fresh peach pie, chocolate chip cookies and a wonderful pasta dish that's so easy I can't even believe it.

I am wearing...a Thunderbird Lodge sweatshirt. I found the sweatshirt at a garage sale; but the Lodge does have great walleye, and their cheesecake isn't bad either.

I am creating...a Lucy outfit from an old bridesmaid's dress. The straight-haired girl wants to dress up as Lucy this fall. Complete with dagger (preferably a real one according to her) and cordial bottle.

I am going...to stay home a lot next week and get stuff done. Maybe.

I am reading...I Will Carry You by Angie Smith. I cried my way through the entire book in less than six hours, but what she has to say is so good. Anyone who has lost a child through miscarriage or SIDS would understand.

I am hoping...I can gracefully learn what I need to know and not forget the lessons.

I am hearing...my husband talking on the phone.

Around the house...it is cozy and warm. Time to get out the snuggly blankets. The nights are getting cool. No more wearing flip-flops after sundown.

One of my favorite things...is hot cider with cinnamon and caramel syrup and real whipped cream. It's best with more cinnamon sprinkled on top.

A few plans for the rest of the week: a trip to Bemidji for a craft fair at Willow Wood Market, and a lemonade stand at a neighbor's garage sale (hence the baking spree).

Here is picture I am sharing...of the road to Voyageur's National Park Rainy Lake Visitors Center.


I'm taking part in The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. I'm intrigued by the pasta recipe. Would you share?

    I love these glimpses into your thoughts and life.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails