08 January 2011

52 Books: Week 1


This is my favorite book leftover from childhood and I must read it at least once a year. Mr. Baggins is quite the intrepid burglar, and I can identify wholeheartedly with his desire for something different. I can also identify with the fear that almost kept him from enjoying the adventure of a lifetime.

This time around, I was lucky enough to share this book with the Straight-Haired Girl. She has suddenly discovered that there is a whole world wrapped up in each book that she reads, and Tolkien's Middle Earth is one of her new favorites. She found this one delightful, and anticipated Bilbo's adventure with the trolls. She was pretty excited to see that one coming and she found the conclusion of that side trip quite delightful.

And that's my first week's reading for 52 Books in 52 Weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails