19 January 2011

Watch Out! I've Been Thinking Again

This time it's about my resources: money, time and energy. How I choose to use them affects more than just the here and now. If I'm too tired to spend time with the daddy or the kids, our relationships are affected. If I spend my money on x, I don't have money for y or z.

This seems fairly obvious, but in the rush of everyday life, how many times do I stop to think before purchasing the small things I "need" in order to analyze my spending habits. And, how do my purchases fit in with my "purpose" in life? How many times do I stop to figure out what I am saying no to when I agree to do something good or worthwhile with my time? That worthwhile project may not seem so great if it comes at the cost of something better.

Paul Tripp said, "You see, the character of a life is not set in two or three dramatic moments, but in 10,000 little moments. The character that was formed in those little moments is what shapes how you respond to the big moments of life."


I have a finite number of moments. I need to practice spending my resources wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails