05 February 2011

I've Been Thinking...

No snide comments from the peanut gallery, please!

For various reasons, I've been more aware of suffering lately. I know it's been going on all around me to varying degrees my whole life long; but somehow, lately it's been more evident.  We live in a world of hurt...and our smiling faces belie that fact.

I know it's not possible, or even wise, to share what's going on behind the smile with everyone. It's not even necessary. But I do know this: For healing to occur, we have to be willing to examine the pain. That's just not possible without the help of others. First and foremost, I have to take it to God and let Him show me where I need healing. I am so bound by my own self that I cannot be objective (assuming I want to, but that's another issue). I get too messy in my own head.
Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily lifts our burdens. Our God is a God who saves; from the Sovereign Lord comes escape from death. ~Psalm 68:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails