11 September 2011

Ten Years Ago

I woke up to find the world had shifted. We had a one year old and I was wondering what in the world we had brought her into. So, I hugged her a little closer that day; paid more attention to her. And I remember waking  up Mr. Dad just to talk to him, just to know he was there. He wasn't very happy with me, because he had gotten home from Nashville at 2:00 in the morning after a rough flight.

I distinctly remember making macaroni and cheese for lunch while Don Wade and Roma were on the radio.  And watching in disbelief as the events of the day unfolded. I remember running down the list of family and friends to be sure no one was in the path of danger. And sighing in relief to realize they were safe.

But not everyone can say that. By a long shot. And so we remember. We will always remember. And we will adjust to a new definition of "normal" as each generation before us has adjusted to catastrophe that shifted their view of the world they lived in. Ten years later, I can say it is the same kind of world today as it was on September 10th, 2001. Really, the only thing that changed was my perspective.

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." ~2 Cor. 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails