15 January 2010

If I Live in the Icebox of the Nation...

I might as well enjoy it somehow.

I love, love, love drinking hot tea and hot chocolate in the winter. Perhaps homemade hot chocolate mixes are more cost effective; but somehow they are lacking in smooth creamy goodness.

Then I found this recipe. It rivals Ghiradelli's hot cocoa, believe it or not. Plus, it is much more friendly to the budget.

I think I need a cup right about now. My feet are blocks of ice!

Hot Chocolate

1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup light brown sugar
4 cups milk

Heat the milk until hot. (Do not let it boil!) Meanwhile, mix the cocoa and brown sugar in a bowl. When milk is hot, add 1/2 cup to the sugar mix. Stir to dissolve and slowly pour, while whisking, into the milk on stove. Heat again, but do not boil. Find three friends who want to share it with you and enjoy!

(I can't believe I almost forgot to remind you to get some whip cream in a can!)

1 comment:

  1. Many compliments on this recipe from me and my family. Next time we will have to have that whipped cream on hand!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails