13 May 2010

25 Things I Really Care About

Here is my core list; those "things that I really care about, core things, regardless of what other people think." But I worry more about whether or not these things are being lived out in my life regardless of my own influence. "For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do...For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out." While it's true that we are all influenced by others (and often unaware of it), sometimes I'm my own worst enemy. Nonetheless, I aspire to be someone who is:


living this list out loud - just for the joy of it.

building my husband up, not tearing him down

parenting with excellence

helping the pipsqueaks obtain a good education

reading to expand my mind, not just fill it

using our resources wisely

being kind to others

riding my bicycle more often

drawing a little every day

being a witness to truth

making our house "homey"

being the kind of friend I would like to have

living a life of integrity

not ignoring the here and now for possibilities

not ignoring eternity for the here and now

living a life of love

laughing my head off more frequently

thinking with clarity


being thankful

smiling at strangers

 learning something worthwhile every day

  observing my world more closely

listening more closely

hugging my children more often


What's your core list like? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails