11 May 2010

A Day That Was For the Birds

Once again, Pipsqueak, Inc. has a guest blogger. The Straight-Haired Girl would like to share her experience with the seagulls.


We've been learning about birds. We saw two Mallards and a Barrow's Goldeneye. Ducks are either dabblers or divers. Mallards are dabblers, and Barrow's Goldeneyes are divers. One sunny afternoon, we went bird feeding.


At first it seemed like there would be no birds, but soon after we came out to the dock, we started throwing bread. Suddenly, they came!


There were tons of them. They were really loud and greedy. One bird grabbed a piece of bread from a different bird. It was hard to tell what kind they were because they were flying so fast. I saw a Ring-Billed Gull. My friend said it seemed like a cafe for rude birds. Then we had to go. That's when I said, "Oh, I wish I could come here again!" And Mom said, "Soon, soon, soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails